Nikon D750 is a professional quality Mid-size SLR camera introduced by Nikon in 2014. D750 boasts a 24 megapixels CMOS sensor making it an attractive choice for astroimaging, astrophotography, wildlife and bird photograpy due to its sensor’s very well performance in low light.
After 9 years since its introduction, is D750 still relevant? We will take a look at key specs of this 24 megapixels Nikon camera and let you be the judge if it fits your photography journey at this point.
We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions to help you figure out based on dozens of questions we received at Pixinfocus since the camera’s launch in 2014.
Let’s dive in!
What Stands Out in 2023: Nikon D750 Pros and Cons
- Improved AF performance: 51 point AF focusing down to -3EV
- 24 megapixel sensor with plenty of dynamic range and great high ISO performance
- Low light focus and fast subject tracking
- Fast and responsive auto focusing
- Continuous focus mode with 51 focus points
- Predictive focus tracking
- Shutter rated for 150,000 iterations
- Improved ergonomics, tilting LCD for shooting from different angles
- Full-frame sensor for excellent photo quality
- Sensitive sensor with minimal noise at high ISOs
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy transfer to smartphones/tablets
- 6.5 fps for fast-moving action shots
- Face recognition for HD video
- Retains more detail at ISO 1000 compared to D7000
- Ability to shoot tethered
- Ability to focus on dimly lit studio products
- 100% focus accuracy with fast lenses
- Improved battery life and weather sealing
- Can be a costly purchase for non-professional photographers (vs the D600/D610)
- Manual focus point too tightly grouped in the center of viewfinder
- Not compatible with the MB-10 battery grip
- Limited options in Auto and Scene modes
- No screen protector seal on camera
- Need to use high quality memory cards with a Class 10 rating to keep up with the camera’s fast speed
Key Specs of Nikon D750:
Sensor: 24 megapixels
Sensor Size: Full frame (35.9 x 24 mm)
Sensor Type and Processor: CMOS, Expeed 4
Max Sensor Resolution: 6016 x 4016
Image Ratio: 3:2 (w:h)
ISO Range: Auto 100-12800
Booster ISO (min-max): expandable to 50-51200
Viewfinder: Optical (pentaprism) with a screen size of 3.2″
Viewfinder Screen Type: TFT-LCD
Viewfinder Magnification: 0.7× with 100% coverage
Autofocus Settings and Modes: Contrast Detect (sensor); Phase Detect; Multi-area; Center; Selective single-point; Tracking; Single; Continuous; Face Detection; Live View
Autofocus Points: 51
Focal Length Multiplier (Crop Factor): 1×
Does the D750 have a Manual Focus: Yes
Lens Mount: Nikon F
Min.Shutter Speed: 30 sec
Max.Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec
Self Timer: Yes (2, 5, 10 or 20 seconds)
Continuous drive: 6.5 fps
Exposure compensation: ±5 (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps)
Video Resolutions: 1920 x 1080 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p), 1280 x 720 (60p, 50p)
Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.264
Does D750 have a Microphone Port? : Yes
Does D750 have a Headphones Port? : Yes
Battery, Weight and Dimensions:
Battery: EN-EL15 lithium-ion battery
Weight (including Batteries): 750 g (1.65 lb / 26.46 oz)
Dimensions: 141 x 113 x 78 mm (5.55 x 4.45 x 3.07″)
D750 supports SD,SDHC,SDXC; dual slots type memory cards
D750 (body only) price: US$1999.95 (Check current price at Amazon)
What year did the Nikon D750 come out?
D750 came out on 12 September 2014.
How much does D750 weigh?
750 g (1.65 lb / 26.46 oz) with batteries. Given the average weight of a DSLR camera is 675.3 g (1.49 lbs), 75 grams more than the average, D750 can be considered as a lightweight Nikon camera.
Does Nikon D750 have image stabilization?
No, it does not have image stabilization.
What is the maximum shutter speed for D750?
Maximum shutter speed for D750 is 1/4000 sec.
Does the D750 have a touch screen?
No, it doesn’t have a touch screen.
Does D750 have Live View?
Yes, you can activate Live View to view and compose the shot on the touchscreen.
Does D750 have built-in flash?
Yes, it has a built-in flash with with a range of 12.00 m (at ISO 100)
Can I use an external flash with Nikon D750?
Yes (via hot-shoe or wireless).
Where can I access Nikon user’s manual?
Click to access the Nikon D750 online manual at Nikon’s official site.
Nikon D750 Product Video:
More about Nikon D750 @ Pixinfocus:
Hyperfocal Distance, The Complete Guide
Intro to Camera Metering Modes for Beginners
Best Camera For Food Photography
Best Camera For Real Estate Photography